Wednesday, January 28, 2015

Great White Sharks and the Gulf of the Farallones


Dear Paul and Cathy,

Hey, hey! I'm taking a few minutes to myself right now, to avoid writing a test. Well, not avoid, but definitely postpone. I need to appreciably change it up, as I have two students who are repeating my class this semester. no unfair advantages allowed!

I've been collecting items from the newspaper, as you can see. I just can't help it! I'll read an article or do a Jumble or laugh at a comic and someone near and dear will pop into my thoughts! That's when I tear the item out of the paper, then recycle the rest.

I was going to cancel my paper subscription, but I've realized that I like that it brings thoughts of family and friends to me. So, I've continued it for another 12 weeks. $3 a week for my happiness = good for me!

The Gray's Reef Ocean Film festival was two weeks ago. I served as usher for the entire two-day event! Loved it! I've been attending since fall of 2007 and look forward to it each year. This card is from a package of notecards which feature the 14 National Marine Sanctuaries on this blue planet.

I selected this one especially for y'all. Woohoo!

with my love!

***** ***** ***** ***** *****

Before heading to Las Vegas in 2010, we drove from San Francisco to Yosemite National Park.
Paul wanted to share this area, in particular, with me and Cathy. He has very much enjoyed hiking these mountains.
This place is more incredible in person than this photo can possibly show.
Breads of the world, unite!!!
Stud muffin!
Smart cookie!
Sweetie pie!
All baked for the breadwinner!
This reminded me not only of the fun we had with a Sunday crossword puzzle,
but also of the baking show we discovered on tv on night.
Good times!
This, of course, brought to mind our evening with Philo Cafe, while they were visiting me this past December.
Good discussion about the meaning of time and money to all there!
Definitely a good time!

(As for the special meaning behind the selection of this notecard for my dear friends in San Francisco, check out the website for Gulf of the Farallones NMS.)


No comments: