Wednesday, January 14, 2015

sometimes you wanna go


... where everybody knows your name! C'mon, folks, you know the words!

My ex sent me this photo earlier tonight.
As he told me a while back, this is how he keeps up with everybody. He'll take a selfie and send it to some family member or friend, along with the salutation, "Cheers to you!"
Pretty good method of communication, right?
If the person contacted is able to respond, you can text back and forth for a bit, reaffirming each other's existence. If the other person is busy, at least you left your calling card, so to speak.
No one gets tied into a long conversation, because the bar is too busy to allow easy phone chatting and texting gets tedious after a bit.
Yet, you've both made contact.
I still prefer live conversations, but this has its merits.
I think I'll give it a go, too.

No comments: