Thursday, January 8, 2015

baby it's cold outside


I haven't even opened the front door today.
Brrrr!!!
I was supposed to meet my biggest little brother today for lunch at the Sisters of the New South. He's never had their fried chicken and, hands down, it's the best fried chicken in town. White meat, dark meat, it really doesn't matter. The chicken is tasty and juicy and your mouth begs for more of it.
Not for me today.
I called him and flat out told him it was too cold outside and I was not leaving my house.
The sales taxes for December? The 4th Quarter taxes?
Not today, nosirreebob.
My silly self was staying at home.
Yes, as I told him, as I tell everyone, I am a wienie about the cold.
I detest, loathe, and hate being cold.
In anticipation of the Arctic temperatures, I closed off the sunroom yesterday. I hated to do it, I hated to lose that bright space in the mornings. But, as I had discovered last year, it does have a positive impact on my heating bill to have that open room sealed off from the kitchen.
So far today, even staying in the house, even with the sunroom blocked off, I have been cold ever since I got out of my nice warm bed. My bed with the heated mattress pad.
I so look forward to the day being done so I can crawl right back into its warm embrace.
Brrrr!!!




No comments: