Sunday, January 11, 2015

how do you measure, measure a life?


To borrow a song from "Rent", how do you measure a life of a car?
Well, mileage is certainly a way.
Rides to and from school for classes, office hours, meetings, theatre, music, and art show receptions.
Trips out of town for film premieres, trips to the beach.
Journeys to conclaves and aquariums and Kevin Costner.
Mileage marking the existence of my freedom to go to movies and museums and musicals! To partake of brunches and lunches and dinners with family and friends! To attend birthday parties and baby showers and Bollywood specials!
And let's not forget the improv, whether here or in Daytona Beach.
So many good times had these past twelve months!
As you may recall, I had some extensive work done on the car about this time last year.
At that time, my car had 142,000 miles on it.
Since then, I've added another 18,600 miles to that sum.
It's been a good ride!
I look forward to new adventures this year!

No comments: