Thursday, December 29, 2016

a tale of two nutcrackers


The Lucas Theatre has graced me with usher duty for both of "The Nutcracker" performances this month!
Both were matinees, so there were lots of children!
Very nice!


The first, on December 3rd, was the local production from the Savannah Dance Theatre. As you may recall, their "The Nutcracker in Savannah" creation has several nods to local businesses and people.


The above was my favorite shot, as the curtain was closing, allowing the focus to totally be on young Clara and her nutcracker made real. How romantic, не так ли?


The one today featured the Moscow Ballet! Yes, that renowned Russian dance troupe! Their performance is titled the "Great Russian Nutcracker" and it most certainly was!


Such a plethora (that word's for you, Christina Ann!) of elaborate scrims! Such a wealth of rich fabrics in the costumes! Wow!
I must say, though, that I liked having the children as part of the dance.
That doesn't mean I won't turn down the chance to see this fancier production again. I will gladly see it! But it's been very nice to see the Savannah touches in the one performed by Savannah's families.
(smile)

No comments: