Saturday, August 23, 2014

five-day shirt



Hooray for laundry day!
This shirt is again clean and ready to wear!
I don't know if I'll wear it for five days again... but I might.
One of the benefits of living single is being able to wear the same clothes over and over and no one complains.
Well, as long as they smell okay.
I wore this shirt for five days, even with the weather being typical of Southern summers, and not one person ever noticed a smell of sweat or funk. Nice, right?
I wore it to birthday parties and to the bfe's house for dinner. I wore it to movies in Savannah and movies in Pooler. I wore it to "Chicago" as well as the 48-Hour Film Project.
I even wore it to Fall Convocation.
It really helped that I didn't wear it around any of the same people from one day to the next. Folks assume everyone has a washer and dryer at home, so even if they saw me twice during the five days, they most likely would have thought I had washed it in between those viewings.
How did I keep it nice and fresh in this heat?
I go around the house topless until it's time to go somewhere. Then, everywhere I went, there was air conditioning, so the shirt stayed nice. As soon as I got home, off it went!
I know, you're probably thinking "too much information"!
I'm just stating an observation I have made during my life AD.

I should also mention that I call this my "yes, I'm a wench" top. It's rather flattering for a big-busted gal like myself, if you catch my drift.
So, maybe, just maybe, it's the exposed cleavage that distracts folks from any possible funky smells.
(smile)

No comments: