Monday, August 11, 2014

I'm a Trivia winner!!!



I had forgotten to mention in yesterday's post that I won a prize, too!

How sweet is THAT?!?!

Especially when you consider that I do not usually win in contests, most especially in trivia contests in which the fastest person with the correct answer prevails.

Seriously.

But I did yesterday!


The questions all concerned the 48 Hour Film Project and could easily be found on their website. So, perhaps I had looked at the site prior to viewing the films?
No way. I couldn't look at it during the trivia game at intermission, either. After all, no smart phone, right?
So, the first question ("How long has the 48HFP been around?") was not one I knew.
The next question ("The 48HFP is active on how many continents?"), my guess was "seven". Yeah, I am sure Antarctica has lots of submissions!
(smile!)
But the third was "Which city had the most submissions this year?"
After receiving guesses for several cities in the United States, Anthony Paderewski, the go-to guy here, had to clarify. "No, not in this country. The City of Lights?"
Immediately I responded with "Paris!!!"
And I won!!!
Incredible!!!
Even more incredible, the prize was, to me, the grandest prize of the game!
One of the sponsors, Savannah Smiles had provided the above swag, tailor-made for me!
Incredible!!!
The four passes will be put to good use on Saturday! My karaoke friend, Angela, is celebrating her 35th birthday that day and part of the plan is a trip to see the dueling pianos!
I had wondered what to give her for her birthday. Wonder no more!
Coincidence?

i thank You, God!

1 comment:

faustina said...

I gave her three of the passes and she used them Saturday night, too! Woohoo!