Friday, March 4, 2016

pinafore and more!


I heartily recommend that you see "Gilbert & Sullivan's H.M.S. Pinafore" with a Brit, if at all possible!
That's what I did tonight and it was great fun, made even more so by the photo booth Asbury Memorial Theatre had set up in the social hall. We all took turns posing after the musical, but I think Cedric Stratton really nailed it!
(smile!)

He and I and the philosophy bear,
also known as Kevin,
had dined at The King & I
prior to the show.
Most excellent Nam Sod!
Perhaps it was made even more so
because it was Kevin's treat!
Actually, the entire evening
had been at his suggestion,
since his 'hot date' fell through.
I say: Kudos to you, man!
Thanks for thinkin' 'bout
your "favorite fun aunt".

Me? I didn't forget about folks, either!
I notified Barbara and Sandy and they joined us for the play.
Major coolness!
Even more fun, my stepsister Jean and her family, including my two nieces Zaida and Molly, were there, too! We ran into each other at the ticket table, then we sat behind them for the show.
So very good to see them again!
(smile!)
They went home after the music was done, but not we five! The tres amigas wanted to go get some nibbles, so the menfolk came along with us. Hooray!
What a wonderful evening it has been!

1 comment:

faustina said...

Here's a very nice compliment Kevin gave me! We were texting two days after the musical (going back and forth about a race he ran with a woman and her two dogs, who had an unfair advantage - lol! - and him showing off his shiny new medal 'for not dying at the race') and he wrote
"I'm heading to bed.
Good night, fun aunt.
Thanks for making it on Friday.
You made the whole evening more three dimensional."

Major coolness!