Sunday, May 8, 2016

happy 16th mother's day, sans Mama



I still find it hard to believe that she is gone.
Even after sixteen Mother's Days without her.
Even after sixteen birthdays without her.

Celebrate your mother, today and always.
You're going to miss her when she's gone.

This photograph was taken in the late 1980's.
That sweater she's wearing?
It was mine.
I had two of them, this yellow one and a pink one just like it.
I never got the yellow one back after she borrowed it.
(smile)
I'm glad it brought her some happiness.
This photo reminds me of that every time I see it.
I've had it on top of my entertainment center ever since the Family Gathering.
Very cheery, isn't it?

I will be so glad when this day is done.
I think I'll go out to Greenwich and visit her for a while.
It's a beautiful, blue sky day.
She always enjoyed those.

11 comments:

Rhonda said...



Rhonda S. Curby
May 8 at 10:52am

One of the kindest people I ever had the pleasure of knowing.

my niece Christy said...

Christy Ward-Parker
May 8 at 10:59am

Love that picture!!!

Robin said...



Robin Ritenour Jenkins
May 8 at 11:11am

Great picture!! She was a very sweet lady.

my nephew Zach said...



Zachary Smith
May 8 at 11:18am

I love this pic. She is and was the greatest woman in the world hands down. Miss you grammy. My love is still strong for you.

my niece Emily said...



Emily Barry Blackmon
May 8 at 1:55pm

Love this!!!! I love you Aunt Tina!!!!

outlaw Bunny said...



Bunny Jones Roberts
May 8 at 1:58pm

I sometimes forget how pretty your Mama was. Love you!

my cousin Penny said...



Penny Walker Bos
May 8 at 3:13pm

LOVE this picture! Love you, Faustina Smith!

outlaw Dee said...



Dee Smith Phillips
May 8 at 4:24pm

This is a lovely picture of Grammy. I do still think about her and miss her. She was a strong woman. And a gifted seamstress! I remember when she would make the grandchildren their Halloween costumes. Zach's was a dragon! Thank you Sybil for being there for all of us!

my Aunt Linda said...



Linda L. Walker
May 8 at 6:48pm

I love this picture. On May 4,2016, I recalled May 4, 1956 when Sybil and Harvey were married. Two years and 25 days later, you were born.

my cousin Robbie said...



Robbie Prouty Rush
May 8 at 7:42pm


Beautiful!

outlaw Dianna said...

I miss your warmth, Grammy, unconditional love and friendship. Your capacity for love and happiness vs. your faith, hope and long suffering stay with me always.