Thursday, May 26, 2016

in search of solace


As good fortune would have it,
this card was in my possession.
I needed a sympathy card for the physicist.
His dearest companion had died.
Why was this card so appropriate?
It matches the decorative box in which he had placed her body.
What a lovely coincidence.
i thank You, God.

I could not give him an empty card.
I could not.
So I searched through my photos for those of Chloe full of life.
This one, of her posing on the coffee table for him, was taken during the Summer of SNO+.

In fact, all of the photos I selected were from the stash I had taken when the two cats were in my care while he was in Canada.
Here, Chloe is in
classic Sphinx pose
on the back of the couch!

This one is the most playful pose of all!
She had received her
fair share of petting and
more than her share of treats -
she was one contented kitteh!
So, she had rolled onto her back
and offered her snowy belly
for more petting.
Such a pretty pose!

Time to move to another room!
Which other room was she fond of?
The kitchen, of course,
source of all treats!
Trust me, she got up
on that counter
all by herself!

Back to the living room again
with my camera shots.
Surely he would recognize
the perspective of this one,
with her facing away,
tail toward the face,
waiting for lower back
scratching?

Then, time for a change-up.
I had not given him any photographs when Contessa died.
I opted to remedy that with these last two shots.
I hope he will remember this one, which was part of a two-frame "short" on my phone for months.

One last grouping,
this one
in the living room again.
Both girls,
together,
poised and elegant,
awaiting praise,
petting,
and treats.
And love,
of course.
And love.

No comments: