Friday, May 6, 2016

on the sixth day of May



What an eventful day it has been!
And guess what?
Some of the things I planned to do, I didn't.
(I missed the CST luncheon and the Lavender Graduation.)
Some things I did do weren't even a blip on my radar.
(I went ahead and voted for judicial staff, just because of locale.)
And everything was done at a leisurely pace that befitted a day of rest.
Trust me, I deserved it after these past two weeks!

By the time I had headed southside, the end of semester luncheon was over and done. Instead, I opted to go directly to the bank for my passport so I could get my new driver's license today. And so I did, visiting the bank, getting a hug from Lanesa, then back to midtown.
I had been concerned about going to the Department of Driver Services on a Friday afternoon, but I needed have worried! I had already registered online, so they gave me a number and sat me in the waiting room. "B344" was the first number I heard. Nice! Just a few more to get to "B358"!
About twenty minutes later, I was d-o-n-e!
Easy-peasy!
And my new license will feature my long hair and one of my favorite bright blue shirts... and even a dash of lipstick to brighten my face!
(smile!)
I then walked around the corner to the early voting center. I had seen the signs on my way in to DDS. I had no idea that an election was coming up! Fortunately, it was not anything heavy-duty, so I checked that task off, too.
One more task in the area and I could leave! The car tag needed a new decal. That office was just around another corner, so off I headed. I had left the renewal form at home, but, again, no worries! I had brought in the old one from the car and that was all that was needed.
Hooray!
D-O-N-E!!!
(smile!)

Now what to do?
Well, I had brought yesterday's Final Exams with me and my movie wouldn't start for better than an hour... So, I relented and graded the lecture exams. I managed to get all of them done, too!!!
Hallelujah!
And the movie?
What an unexpected romance!
All I knew about "Criminal" was that it was an action-spy thriller starring two of my favorite actors, Kevin Costner and Ryan Reynolds. That was enough to get my attention right there.
But then it upped the ante.
It added a romance that bypassed the laws of physics and death.
I so wish I could have seen it as a double-header with "Deadpool". Sadly, that movie left yesterday, after a phenomenal run.
Maybe I'll just have to own them so I can do that anytime I want.
(Hint, hint, to those looking for birthday gift ideas...)
Afterward, I had time to drop the test papers at home before heading north to Muse Arts. Good!

Barbara, Sandy, and two friends of theirs were already waiting when I arrived. It was opening night for Collective Face's "Calendar Girls"! That meant fun foods and champagne after the show!
What a fun evening it was, too! Bawdy comedy, creative use of pastry goodies, and much laughter!

There were sunflowers, too! Did you know they are called that because their faces follow the sun's path all day? I bet you didn't!
I bet you thought, as did I, that the name was due to their size and coloring.

Thanks, everybody, for coming to the show with me!
Wonderful idea, Barbara!
Now, time for bed -
yyYAaaaAWwwWNnnn -
it's been a very good day -
i thank You, God.

No comments: