Thursday, May 5, 2016

happy educators' day!


Sometimes, a student will surprise me with a gift.
I know, those who teach in K-12 receive gifts frequently.
But at the college level, the gifts are rare.

This afternoon, when I returned briefly to the office after the last student had turned in the last Final Exam of this fourth day of Final Exams, a gift was awaiting.
Moreover, the gift was handcrafted.
The mason jar was treated with black wax and features the Erlenmeyer flask on one side and an "S" on the opposite side.
Inside, she had managed to place twelve whiteboard markers, each in different colors. Marvelous! I love using color in my lectures!
She gave me peppermints, too, to keep my mouth from getting too dry.
How very sweet of her!
Thank you, Emily Hendrix!

I feel so loved!

No comments: