Friday, May 13, 2016

happy birthday from Christina!


Happy early birthday to me from Christina!

As you may recall, she and I had celebrated Valentine's Day with a bit of "Deadpool" - such a romantic tale!
She had been so taken with it that she saw the movie on the big screen twice more! Believe me, it's unheard of for her to pay more than once to see a movie in the cinema.
I'm glad she liked it as much as I did!
Today, she picked up the newly released video (which she had pre-ordered!) and she and I watched it.
Hooray!

But first, we had dinner at Olive Garden, of course!
I was even able to have a sangria!
Why could I have an alcoholic treat?
She drove!
Hooray!

And along the way, we had stopped off for this beauty!
Honey, lovely Tupelo honey!
From the Savannah Bee Company, too, so it's expensive!
She had received it as a perk and was passing it along to me.
Hooray!

And this painting?
That's now mine, too!
She had bought it "a couple of years ago at a garage sale". Into a closet it had gone.
Recently unearthed in search of new wall art, she had intended to take it to her mom. As you can see, the painting appears to be unfinished, right? No color had ever been applied to the unicorn's horn.
When she had talked about the painting to me, I told her the unicorn was incognito. People have such a problem with anything mythical or strange, that I was sure the unicorn had chosen this disguise so it could remain in this world. To the unbelieving eye, the unicorn was simply a very beautiful horse. I spoke of the ease with which it could hide in plain sight if its horn was invisible.
I asked her to please take a photo of the unfinished art, before her mom changed it, so I could speak of it here on my beach.
Instead, she did me one better - she granted the painting to me!
She was so taken with my proposed background story that she had decided I was right!
And the lovely unicorn is now residing in my guest room, the space with the beautiful Valencia Violet walls.
Hooray!

No comments: