Tuesday, May 17, 2016

belle of the ball!


Happy birthday to me from those DEEP kids!
Last night, I went to hear their tales.
Tonight, I had half-priced admission to "SAVANNAH LIVE!", courtesy of my attendance at their event.
Winner deal all the way around!
Woohoo!
And it gets even better: my ticket to tonight's show is good for half-priced admission to another show within the next seven days! Theoretically, I could go to a show every week from now until infinity! All it would cost me is $19.80 each time!
Actually, I may let someone else use this ticket. I still have one more discount coupon from the DEEP, and it's only good through Sunday. Maybe I can talk someone into coming with me to see "REWIND!"
We'll see!
Tonight, though, I traveled solo.
Fine by me!
As good fortune would have it, that placed me in the front row, next to a woman visiting from Florida. She and I had fun dancing in our seats to the tunes and chatting about the songs. And then I was grabbed by the hand to dance during the "I Get Around" number!!!
I just floated through the rest of the first act!
During intermission, I stood up and danced during the entire time, too. And guess what? I had three gents rise to the occasion and dance with me!!! The first was an older fellow, followed a song later by a man in his late thirties or early thirties. And the third guy was only in his mid twenties!!! Such lovely fun!
The second act was definitely my favorite! It featured several Broadway show tunes and you know how much I love those! From the opening bars of "All That Jazz" and all the way through, I was thrilled! But my absolute favorite, hands down, was the performance of "The Music of The Night" by the four men in the ensemble.
Wow.
I was so moved that I had tears in my eyes.
That has to be one of the most romantic songs I know.
Maybe at the other show I'll hear one of my other favorites, like Dire Straits' "Romeo and Juliet" or "You Took The Words Right Out Of My Mouth" by my main man, Meat Loaf. Maybe they'll even throw in one of the other songs in the Jim Steinman collection.
Any way you want to look at it, I'm going to dance.
Oh, yeah!
(smile)
And maybe I'll even have someone dancing with me!

No comments: