Sunday, May 22, 2016

music of the night on a velvet caravan!


What a delicious treat for the ears!
The Levy Memorial Concert, with its dessert reception, was something I'd been anticipating with delight.
(smile)
Truly, it was!
The annual free event at the JEA, now in its 28th year, coincides with a Jewish holiday, but is open to all comers - so I go!
This year, Savannah VOICE Festival was paired with local musicians, Velvet Caravan... and the place was packed! I arrived just a little late, so I stood at the back.
i thank God for my timing!
Being in the back allowed me to dance to my heart's content!
After getting clean from mowing the yard, I had donned a dress, hoping to be able to sway in it. And so I did! To every song!
"After You've Gone", "Wash That Man Right Out of My Hair"!
"Younger Than Springtime" and "Autumn Leaves"!
"When You're Smiling"!
"Maria"! "Tonight"! "I Feel Pretty"!
"Margaret", "Isn't She Lovely"!
Then, a short break for sweets and fruits and sodas and coffee and then back to the show!
"Don't Cry For Me, Argentina"!
Not while we have "The Music of The Night"!
"Tradition"! "Matchmaker"! "If I Were A Rich Man"! "Sunrise, Sunset"!
"L'Chaim"!
To life, my dears!
Happy birthday:58 to me!
Now, pardon while I dig into this fried chicken dinner from SONS!

No comments: