Tuesday, May 31, 2016

birthday ribs at the roadhouse!



As bad as yesterday was, today has been that much better.
I spent the Monday morning writing my two syllabi and setting up the gradebooks. That took longer than I had expected. The computer at Armstrong was being v e r y slow.
Those vital tasks completed, I set about creating the homework assignments.
That's when yesterday truly fell apart.
I had already been hit with diarrhea that had me rushing to the bathroom every twenty to thirty minutes.
Now, it seemed that the hours of work I had done with the syllabi and lesson plans was for naught.
Jordan had not told me the right edition of the textbook.
For who knows what reason, we had jumped from the Fifth Edition backwards to the Third Edition.
Shite.
Literally and figuratively.
And the author had totally scrambled the order of the material and the chapter sequence, of course.
Shite.
I went home, absolutely frustrated.
As it was, that was a good move.
I no sooner arrived than the vomiting began. After the first hour, I just placed the towel on the floor by the toilet. I had bile-colored fluids coming from both ends simultaneously.
It was as if my gall bladder had grown back and was going crazy again.
I wished Mama was there with me.
Finally, my body calmed down. From 8:30 to 10:30 PM, I didn't visit the bathroom once. Taking advantage of the lull, I went to bed.

This morning, I drank my coffee slowly. I ate my toasted English muffin, with a thin slice of cheddar, even more slowly, taking an hour to finish my breakfast.
I resolved to keep the lab syllabus as it was.
That meant I only had to change the chapter sequence in my lecture syllabus. Fortunately, that was completed quite quickly! Hooray!
I even started work on that first homework assignment and completed most of that, too, before I needed to hold my first class at 2:30 this afternoon.
Hooray!
There in the classroom, more good news awaited.
Only seven students!!!
WOW!!!
And in lab?
Only five students!!!
Hallelujah!!!
I had the smaller classes!
Glory, glory!!!
And I'm getting paid the same amount per class as I made in the spring, when the classes were full for me and low for the other two instructors.
Hooray!
It was my turn to have the light load!
What a blessing!!!

i thank You, God!

After lecture and lab, I bopped over to Texas Roadhouse. They had a birthday order of ribs waiting for me and I wanted to be sure to get them!
Of course, my digestive tract was still pretty tender. I had only allowed it ginger ale and Triscuits since breakfast.
But now, I was hungry.
I opted for the Country Veggie plate, eating every bit of the plain baked sweet potato, all of the green beans, and most of the plain steamed broccoli and baby carrots.
Oh, and some of the french fries, too.
But none of the ribs.
Those, and all of those fries, will be part of meals for the next few days.
Hooray!

Then I had my birthday conversation with the ex when I got home. Almost two hours of catching up and chitchatting!
Hooray!

What a wonderful day this has been!
Off to bed I go...

No comments: