Friday, May 27, 2016

my first yossie


A couple of weeks back, I decided to throw my hat in the ring again, figuratively speaking.
I joined ourtime.com.
I'm about to turn 58... time to find some folks who more my age.... maybe.
I certainly had a good response on this site!
Actually, any response is good, right?
I only tagged guys who were in this area, mostly in Savannah.
After all, I have absolutely no interest in leaving this seaport.

This morning, I met Yossie.
He was a bit older than I had expected.
That was my mistake, though. I had looked at the photos he'd posted and thought he was more my age, but his age was posted as 66.
That is definitely correct.
He had tried to get me to come to his condo last night, to meet over "wine by the pool".
Nothing doin'. As I told him, "I don't want alcohol to play a part when we are becoming acquainted."
I suggested breakfast or lunch.
He suggested Whole Foods at 11 o'clock this morning.
And so that's where we met.
Both early, him taking a seat inside with a newspaper, me waiting outside with the rocking chairs and begonias.
No worries.
I eventually went in and we spent the next hour getting a handle on what to do next. We both decided not to flee the premises and had lunch together. Good sushi! Also, more conversation, this time at an outside table, until 2 PM.
Then we went our separate ways...
but with plans to see each other later at Muse Arts!
He had mentioned a love of foreign films, almost in passing, but I had glommed onto that morsel. Cinema Savannah was showing a Polish film, for one screening, tonight only. Was he interested?
He was!
So we met up this evening outside Muse.
I introduced him around to some folks, not as a date, but as a new friend. Barbara and Sandy were there, as I had known they would be, so he met them, too.
After the film, it was time for some baklava!
He joined us Tres Amigas at The Diner, after hearing of their dessert display. We all chatted and nibbled sweets for well over an hour!
Definitely a nice outing!

I don't believe he and I will have anything going in the future, but that's okay. He and Barbara hit it off nicely, so maybe...?
You never know!

No comments: