Sunday, May 1, 2016

what a lovely day in May!


Well, I know you're wondering...
what did I do this weekend shared by two months?
Thanks to the Lucas Theatre, I had an excellent reason to get out of my house on Friday and Saturday! I ushered for two Meryl Streep movies. First up was a fashionista fest, "The Devil Wears Prada". Last night was another concert film, but "Mamma Mia!" was almost a Greek opera! More singing sotto voce, and dancing in my seat!
Thanks, y'all! I desperately needed a break from building Final Exams for four lecture sessions and three lab sessions.
Oh, yes, and let's add in there the grading of the take-home Lab Final for my Chem1152 class, still waiting to be done.
Oomphf.
My butt feels so flat from being glued to this chair.
However... I have been successful in my school-related efforts!
I have written both versions of the Chem1152 Final scheduled for my Monday evening class!
[I am going to try very hard not to cry when some of them hand in their exams that night. Many have been my students for the entire school year.)
- - - I still have to make the copies for the students, though.
I have written both versions of the Chem1211 *Lab* Final scheduled for way-too-bright-and-early Tuesday morning!
[I've already told them they can bring coffee to Lab that day.]
- - - I still have to make the copies for the students, though.
I have written both versions of the Chem1211 Final scheduled for 11 AM that same Tuesday morning!
[Don't you feel sorry for those who will have back-to-back Finals?]
- - - I still have to make the copies for the students, though.
I have written the one version of the Chem1151 *Lab* Final scheduled for 2:30 PM on Wednesday afternoon.
[I only have six students, so I think one version will be fine.]
- - - I still have to make the copies for the students, though.
And I will finish writing the one version of the Chem1151 Final scheduled for 12:30 PM on that same Wednesday afternoon.
[I offered to break it onto two days, but they preferred it this way. I even had them vote and it was unanimous!]
- - - And then I will have to make the copies for the students.
Then there will be writing of the Finals for the Chem1211 class and Lab scheduled for Thursday.
[No, I cannot give them the same versions as will be given on Tuesday. Sadly.]
But that, I think, may be saved for another day.

If only i had that luxury!
Instead, I took advantage of my being ahead with test-building to take care of the house, at least a little.
That means I've washed the dishes.
That included ten coffee cups.
[You should know that's how i track how long it's been since i last washed the dishes. So, you do the math.]
I've put away the rest of the groceries bought yesterday afternoon after my trip to the baseball field.
[I had been saving the last bit of milk for my coffee for the past few days.]
I even washed my hair!
[Trust me, now that my tresses have grown for so many years, i no longer have wash-and-wear hair.]
Now, I'm going to take the laundry to Nami's and get that task done, too!
[I only have one pair of panties left for tomorrow, so it's time, for sure!]
I may even go and get some copying done, too, before I come back home and put away clean clothes.
(smile!)
Later, y'all!

1 comment:

faustina said...

I did finish with the clothes and put them away!

I put away the dry dishes, too!

Then I met Kevin for dinner at El Paso! We had hoped to go see "Dead Pool" again, but the timing was off. Instead, he came with me to the school to get my copies done. Nice!

Then I wrapped the golden labrador retriever he had bought for Cedric. I had even found some tissue paper with "A"'s on it - because that's what Cedric helped Kevin score in his chemistry class! Major points for me!
Kevin was quizzing me on biology - I think I did pretty well, considering that I have not had biology since I was in 10th grade!
Nice evening!