Wednesday, June 29, 2016

bananas with elvis and the physicist!


Elvis!
I can't believe he was there!
I was with the bfe,
at the tail end
of the first game.
We were chatting
with the Engler women...
and Lauri -
or maybe Lynn -
said "Look, Elvis is
over there!"
Say what??!!!
Over in the box seats
over the dugout!
Of course I went!
I just know he was
there to celebrate
birthday:58 with me!

Banana Split made sure
to get his photo
with Elvis, too!
What a rare treat
for a baseball mascot,
but we all know
Elvis loves bananas!
(smile!)

All too soon,
the time had come
for Grayson Stadium -
and the baseball fans -
to say goodbye to the King.
Savannah Elvis -
or should that be
Elvis in Savannah -
had left the building!

Did I mention the bfe was at the game with me?
This was the first time the physicist had been to a baseball game in about twenty years.
Yep, you read that right: twenty years.
And here he was on a double-header Wednesday!
But you know what?
He stayed for both games!
Happy birthday:58 to me again!
I had thought for sure he would bail after the first game. Honestly! He's just not a baseball enthusiast. I had really been surprised when he had accepted my offer at the beginning of the month.
But he finally made it out to Daffin Park with me!
Hooray!

He was right there
beside me
for the Bananas'
"Salute to the
Troops" that
they do on each
game day.
I love the recognition!

He was right there
when Thor,
son of Odin,
(Garrett Lovorn,
in real life)
took the mound
and ruled it!

He was right there
when two chicks
strapped on bananas
to drive a beach ball
down the side field.
(I kid you not!
What a crazy game!)

He was right there
when the Maid Service
came out to clean
those dirty, dirty bases
with their frilly skirts,
feather dusters,
and hairy legs!
Hahahaha Hahaha!

He was right there
when Jameson Hannah,
one of my favorites,
slugged a home run
over the center wall!
First run of the
second game, too!

He was right there
to show some love to
the Bananas' Bat Dog,
Daisy, the sweetest
little pup that ever
graced any ball park!
(She even made the news
in New York City!
)


Thanks, man!
And thanks for making it through both games, right there with me!
(Hey, it's an inside joke, y'all!)
(smile)

No comments: