Saturday, June 11, 2016

bananas with fireworks and miss georgia!


There she is...Miss Gergia...
(you have to sing it!)
and here I am with her!
Ashia Miller was right there
in the main concourse
at Grayson Stadium!
How supercool!
I guess everyone
likes Bananas!
(smile!)

Especially tonight!
Look at that beautiful uniform!!!
I just love it!
These boys of summer have several uniforms they have sported, but this is the first time for a totally yellow one!

The special color must have inspired them, too!
Here we have our first man coming across home plate!
"BOOM! goes the dynamite!",
as Sam Johnson would have said!
Got that right!

And here the team is,
out of the dugout en masse
to greet the victorious runner!
I just love that aspect
of this team!
They are so definitely
all for one and
one for all!
Such enthusiasm!

And I love it when the boys come out and shake their booties, too!
They probably won't do this for every game, but they did for this one!
Why?
It was the very first Saturday game of the season!
Yet another sold-out crowd was in the stands, cheering mightily...
and cheering even louder for this part of the show!
I was, too, from my box seat in Section J.
After all, that birthday:58 dance was for me!
(smile!)

One of the next 2-minute entertainment sessions had folks passing the monkeys overhead.
I can hear you now:
"Passing the what???"
Instead of using beach balls,
These boys have inflatable apes!
Look to the left of the man
in the yellow suit...
The monkey is as big as he is!

Here are the boys slipping onto the field again!
We had scored another run,
this time later in the game,
as the sky deepened its shade
toward nightfall.
How very beautiful...
all of it!

Alas, 'twas for naught.
But they were excellent sports!
See those yellow uniforms,
mingled in with the dark suits
of their rivals tonight?
The Bananas congratulated them
on their win!

Then came the countdown....
5... 4... 3... 2... 1...
birthday:58 fiReWOrKs!!!
No, actually, they were the first fireworks of the season...
but I'll still gladly lay claim on them!
(smile)
(I wish I could lay claim to this magnificent photo, but I cannot. You can find the original on the Bananas website.)
Such a wonderful evening at the ballpark!
Thanks, my boys of summer 2016!

No comments: