Friday, June 10, 2016

much ado, with martinis!


Romance!

Comedy!

Intrigue!

Shakespeare!

Martinis!

Monkees!

I bet I lost you on those last two, didn't I?
Fear not, gentle reader!
Savannah Shakes has made
"Much Ado About Nothing"
into something approachable
and hilarious!

First, they started with a well-seasoned base of thespians.
Next, they added two generous jiggers of the 1960's
(in the form of music and clothing).
Then, they blended in comedic timing and slapstick to taste.
Voila!
A concoction guaranteed to delight the senses!

And guess what?
They did it all without changing a single word of Shakespeare's classic Elizabethan era English!
What's that you say?
You're scared off by the bard's prose?
Fear not!
You will be so caught up by the imagery that's you'll hardly notice the language is not everyday American... really!
I sure hope I'll have the chance to see it again...
What a birthday treat this has been!

No comments: