Monday, June 20, 2016

playing tourist with bananas!


Lauri is the one who suggested the title, even though she doesn't know it.
I had told her that I had been taking photographs all night and she said, "Oh, you've been touristing!"
Hey, it was too good not to use!
(smile)

What was the occasion?
Daisy the Bat Dog was having her very first party and had invited all dogs, large or small, to share the day with her!
Owners were allowed, too,
of course.
(smile)

And everyone got to run the bases!
Usually, only little human kids
get to do that!
And it's usually after the game,
not before!
I hope Daisy will have another "Bark in the Park" party soon!

After the opening ceremonies were all done, I posed for this photo of me sitting in my seat!
(That's an inside joke between me and Willie!)
Do you see what's on the back of the chair?
Smitty's Hardwood!
My brother doesn't even know I did that... yet!

Soon, I was so caught up in the game that I didn't have thought to take other photos.
Scoring was going on for both teams and the game was getting a little tight.
Then it was time for those
oh-so-talented dancing
ball-playing Bananas,
and out came the camera!
Shake, shake, shake it, my dears!

What's the deal with this one,
you ask?
Well, the ground crew like to do
a little rump-shakin', too!
The four of them,
clad in banana peels,
laid down their rakes
to show us their moves...
very funny stuff!

Who is this tall, yellow fellow?
His name is Split, Banana Split.
Hahahhaha hahaha!
I really do like his bright
green satin cape,
but he's a bit too
muscle-bound for me.
I like my guys cuddly!
(smile)

Since I was out of my seat,
I decided to go bop around
and visit some folks.
Mister Willie Smith, Jr.,
was my first call.
And where is he sitting?
In his seat, of course!
(smile)

Then I bopped down to the mother and daughter pair once known as the "Sweet Caroline" girls.
Lauri and Lynn had not planned to dress alike...
but when they came out of their rooms with game-day shirts,
they had both chosen the same ones from their stashes!
Lookin' mah-vel-ous, ladies!

And while I sat with them,
a ruckus arose on the field!
Our man had tried to steal home on a wild pitch!
The catcher had recovered and the umpire had called our man out.
Our coach gave the ump a talkin' to, then kicked sand all over the plate, totally hiding it!

That would have been a tie-breaking run for us.
No worries, as the Bananas
slipped another run past home
soon enough!
Then, they added another to sweeten the deal!

And the Bananas win the game!
Daisy was so pleased her party
was a big success!
Her guests went home with
party favors, too -
yummy treats from Tail Spin!
And the weather couldn't have been more pleasant!

After much of the crowd had gone their own sweet way, Rosalind fetched Willie from his seat and helped him down the stairs, as she does after every game.
I am so very happy to know he has
such a sweet, and pretty,
helpmate there at the stadium.
I know he is, too!
(smile!)

i thank You, God, for this birthday:58 treat!

1 comment:

me said...

Here's the video about the game!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V1JMNh-4fC4