Wednesday, June 1, 2016

birthday at bonefish with bfe!



The physicist and I had dinner at Bonefish!
He had asked if we could do so last night, but I have this teaching gig, as you know.
So I had suggested tonight... and remembered to bring my birthday coupon for free Bang Bang Shrimp. Hooray!
And guess what?
Bonefish gave me a gift card for another free Bang Bang! It's good for the rest of the year, too! Now, let's hope I don't put it into a "safe place" and forget what that place is. LOL!
I had told him last week that I regarded the movie "The Nice Guys" as my gift, but I still wanted a card.
A memento, right?
So, tonight, we had our lovely dinner ... and I waited ... but no card seemed to be forthcoming. Perhaps he had not yet had a chance to get one, with his dear Chloe's death hanging heavily still.
Then, as we were giving goodbye hugs, there it was!
The birthday card was in his satchel!
But he was not yet giving it to me.
Say what?
Nope!
But I was to be thinking of "music" and "lobster", but not "Rock Lobster", he said.
Hmmm... a mystery!
Very nice!
(smile)
But now, time to fly back northward!
I had come home to stash half of my delicious Lime Cilantro Shrimp salad for my lunch tomorrow. You know how it is: if you eat an appetizer, you can't finish your dinner. Right?
(smile)
PFS is at the Sentient Bean with an "old" Bruce Dern and Ann-Margret flick. I think I may actually have seen this one, so it'll be okay if I'm a little late. Off I go to see the Wednesday night folks!

No comments: