Wednesday, June 22, 2016

now you see pan of udta punjab!


Triple header! Not all in one place, and not all with the same people, but this was still a three-movie day!
Hooray for no classes on Wednesdays!
That's not to say I did nothing today for my summer class.
Because I did for several hours.
But I began, and will end, my day in a cinema.
How very birthday:58 it has been!

First up to bat was "Pan"! Stepping up in this offering in the Summer Kid Film Fest, the man to watch was Garret Hedlund as (not-yet Captain) James Hook, like the young Han Solo in stance and vocals.
Most excellent!
"Would you like some fun?" Peter had asked.
"Yes, please," Nibs had responded.
I'm definitely up for fun, too!

Then, I met up with the bfe for the matinee screening of "Now You See Me 2". Just one hitch in the plans, though, caused by that word "matinee". He had understood it to be a one o'clockish deal, whereas I had meant a four o'clockish super-discounted flick.
It all worked out, thanks to the Spotlight Cinema!
They had a five o'clockish viewing at the matinee price - hooray!
We'll have to better sync our watches in the future, for sure. We saw the first movie in the series in June of 2013.
I'm sure there will be a third installment for me and the magician to enjoy!
Hopefully, that will be before 2019.

And now, I must meet with Barbara to catch the last inning in Pooler.
(smile)
The Royal Cinema is hosting "Udta Punjab", a film whose title translates to "The city of Punjab is high on drugs". It looks to be very good! The film features four people from different walks of life: a rapper, a doctor, a police officer, and a farm laborer.
Interestingly, there will be a couple of players I know from an earlier film! Shahid Kapoor (as Tommy Singh, rap star) and Alia Bhatt (as Mary Jane, migrant worker) were romantically linked in "Shaandaar". I wonder if they will wind up in each others arms in this new film???
Gotta fly!
(smile)

No comments: