Tuesday, March 29, 2016

ben's my uncle!



My cousin Becky, while doing some geneologic digging, unearthed an amazing fact.
We're related to Benjamin Franklin.
Yes, that Benjamin Franklin.
According to her research, his brother James is directly in our tree, about ten branches - I mean, generations - back.
So that makes Ben my Uncle!


See the family resemblance???
Nah, me neither... but it's been ten generations!

Here's what Becky wrote:
I am blown away with something that I stumbled upon doing research for a genealogy project. I have just tonight, discovered while digging deeper into my personal, familial genealogy, that THE "Benjamin Franklin" is my 10th great uncle on my mother's side of the family. I couldn't be more pleased with that notion. His father and mother are my 10th Great Grandparents. Wow! So, Josiah Franklin and Abiah Lee Folger, are my grandparents.....Amazing! Who knew? Uncle Ben! Blessings, from my home to yours.

Blessings, indeed!
There's something new to write about to my youngest brother!

No comments: