Thursday, March 3, 2016

back in the saddle again!



Dear Tony,

Hey!
Spring Break is almost here!
Hallelujah!
Only one more week of classes! And what a week it will be. I'm giving tests to all four of my lecture classes. You know what that means - I'm going to be a test-writing fool this weekend!

Last weekend, I gave myself time off from any grading.
You heard that right.
I gave myself a break.
Partly, it was because I didn't have many lab papers that needed grading.
Partly, it was because I had six hours already that I was volunteering last Saturday for the Georgia State Science Bowl.
But partly - and mostly - I was on strike.
I had not yet received my pay from either school after seven weeks of doing everything - and more - that I was being paid to do.
Except they had not yet paid.
So, I took a break from those duties.

As of Monday, I have money!
Hallelujah!
I imagine you may be running a bit low on funds by now, so I'll be sure to take care of that in the next day or so.

I've actually signed up to teach this summer at Savannah Tech. It's a ten-week semester, instead of 15-week, but the pay is the same per course. I'll have about 4 weeks off before the fall semester begins, so my summer will be shorter, but I'll have money.

I guess that's always the trade-off.
You either work a lot and make money, but don't have time to spend it or you don't work and have no money, but have all of your time for yourself.

Me?
It's good to be working!

i thank You, God!

Hope all is well with you!
with much love!

No comments: