Monday, March 28, 2016

grateful for miracles


I'm sure you're thinking that since today is Easter, I'm talking about a specific miracle.
You would be incorrect if you thought that.
No, I mean simple miracles, like being in the right place at the right time.
Like having your hand held in the darkness.
Usually, I maintain a low profile on Easter. If someone invites me to dinner, that's fine, I'll go.
Sometimes folks call and we'll go see a movie.
But I don't seek out gatherings and I do not attend church.
That all makes me miss Mama too much.
The dancing bear and I had already planned to go see a movie "Sunday night", and this was Sunday, so I knew I had that going on. The movie was to be "Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice". Safe, right? Shouldn't be anything Mama-related to it, so I was looking forward to it and to his company.
Earlier in the day, instead of church, I went to "Miracles From Heaven". I was ready for it, as I had known to expect some tears, given the subject matter.
Sure enough, I did have some tears, but well-controlled.
Mostly, the movie was confirmation that I am not alone.
Angels keep me steady company, sending someone to assist when I least expect anyone.
That was a very reassuring, faith affirming, message which was quite timely for this day of all days.
i thank You, God, for saving this movie for me today.
It was perfect!

In a happy frame of mind,
I had a good lunch at home,
then ate Peeps for dessert.
I had saved two yellow ones
to go with the
chocolate-coated one.
I alternated bites of each!
Such a vivid yellow beneath the milk chocolate!
Yummy!
They were good to the
very last Peep!
(smile)





Then the power went out.
Rain had been falling off and on most of the day, sometimes pouring, mostly drizzling. The power flashed back on three times in quick succession, then stayed out. I had already turned off the power strips for the electronic gadgets to await a stable current.
Then what to do?
I washed dishes!
I changed the bed linens!
I worked on decluttering the living room!
All were things that had needed to be done days ago, but I had postponed.
Those unblinking Cyclops, as my stepdad called them, usually have too great a hold on my attention and my time.
Like, right now.
(smile)
Time came for the 7 PM, 3D screening at the Regal and off I went! The bear arrived a little after I did. Woohoo! I was there early!
Then, we settled in for the action and life was good... until Diane Lane showed up.
What?
A flashback to "Man of Steel"???
I had not expected that.
Back to the action! How sexy Batman's eyes looked! Such voluptuous movements of Superman's cape!
Then Kevin Costner showed up.
Another flashback to "Man of Steel"...and I proceeded to sob.
I was totally unprepared to be missing both Sam and Daddy in that dark cinema.
Not only did I sob then, but continued to do so.
I had known to expect Wonder Woman to appear, but now that I was missing those who were gone from my life, Mama naturally was part of that group of lost loved ones.
The dancing bear patted my arm during the first sobs. Then, at the end of the movie, as we sat through the credits and I told him about Sam and Daddy, he took my hand in his and held it.
He even phoned later to be sure I had safely reached home.
Very reassuring, very faith affirming.
I am not alone.

i thank You, God.

1 comment:

faustina said...

One last thought...
Kevin had sent the following text that night, which I have kept on my phone all this time.
I thought it warranted posting so it would not be lost someday.

"I'm glad you felt safe enough to be yourself.
Life is hard.
That's why we have friends."

Many thanks to my new friend.