Wednesday, March 30, 2016

kevin's fedora



"So, I'm at Chili's after school on Monday night, hanging out with some of The Philo Cafe crowd. Kevin placed his hat on my head and Cedric Stratton remarked that I looked like one of the female spies in the old movies. "Like Marlene Dietrich", he said.
So, I whipped out my phone and snapped the pic to see for myself how I looked. Pretty cool!
And it must have some magic, 'cause I think I look younger, too!"

That's what I posted on facebook.
So far, the spur of the moment shot has garnered 41 likes.
Amazing!
And it's gathered quite a few comments, too!

Fae Kameron, the one I credit with finally getting me to shave my legs when I was in my teens, said "Looking good! Great picture."

"Pretty dang cute!" Anne Sherman piped in.

Shelly Kohli, one time Philo Cafe regular, told me "You can leave your hat on..." Funny, I don't recall her ever being at Steeds when Angela would request me to sing that Joe Cocker song. :-)

"Super look!" Pat Andres wrote. (She happens to be a writer of children's books, y'all, so that qualifies as an inside joke.)

Fellow Italy traveler Lynette Bradley said "Very cute look on you. :-)"

My former sailor friend, Balinda Davis, added "You look wickedly fun!" LOL! She has certainly known me long enough to know about that!

My paternal Aunt Barbara Narcarti regaled me with the following: "Looking Good. Bet you never knew how great you'd look in a hat! You do!!!"

"It isn't easy being beautiful is it? Love the styling hat!" That was from my BFF's mom, Karen Voelker.

Wow! Maybe Kevin needs to give the hat to me!
(smile)
Thanks, y'all, for all the sweet comments!

No comments: