Friday, March 11, 2016

viva Elvis!


Okey-dokey!
Dinner was eaten, hobnobbing was performed, and my tush is back in my seat in the fifth row!
The two ladies sitting in front of me told me how much they appreciate my yelling for the performers and wish they had my lungs. How very kind of them to say!
Sitting two seats from me is the mother of Austin Irby, the young man I had so enjoyed back in 2013 at the first Georgia Elvis Fest.
How cool is that?!
She told me his birthday will be Tuesday.
He will be 20 years old.

Here's the near-birthday boy!
"Shake, Rattle, and Roll",
all you want,
you ain't nothin' but
a "Hound Dog"!

Ah, "Don't Be Cruel"!
Let's have "Peace In The Valley",
you "Hard Headed Woman"!
We'll rustle up some "Crawfish"
and shake off these
"Mean Woman Blues"!

Ann-Margret!
What is that redhead doing here?
(That was S. Chambliss
in a huge red wig.)

"The Lady Loves Me"!

"What'd I Say"?
(That was fun!)

Flash forward a decade from young Elvis to the Comeback kid!
Ryan Pelton stepped forward to burn up the stage, clad in black leather and rockin' it hard!!!
Bring some of that "Trouble" over to me!
Meet you at "Heartbreak Hotel",
you "Hound dog",
'cause you got me "All Shook Up"!
"The Power of My Love"!

"Baby What You Want Me To Do"?
"Are You Lonesome Tonight?"

Let's make "Memories"
about this "Fever"
of "One Night With You"!

"Little Sister", you're one of the best
"Pieces of My Life".
I'll always be your "Teddy Bear"!

After another decade, we have an older Elvis, Michael Chambliss!
He was the winner at that inaugural Georgia Elvis Fest in 2013.

Those are "Blue Suede Shoes", "My Babe", "After Loving You"!

Did you know "Proud Mary" has "Never Been To Spain"?

"The Wonder of You" is that "I Can't Stop Loving You" until that "Long Black Limousine" comes.

"Johnny B. Goode"!

"Believe Me", I'd go from "Rags To Riches" "Trying To Get To You".

Hallelujah! "How Great Thou Art"!

Here we have Ryan Pelton, staring down a fan, after autographing the CD I had just bought.
Rock on, man!
Hard to believe, folks, but he had been called in at the last minute to replace a no-show. Ryan is such a trooper and so energetic that we never would have known he was so ill if he hadn't told us.
Rawwwrrrr!
I'll have to see if I can catch him in full form next time I see him!
Sweet dreams for me!

No comments: