Wednesday, March 23, 2016

being more social


Once upon a time, I made a new year's resolution to be more social.
That was in 2009.
As you can tell, sometimes I'm more social than others.
This time, I may have set a personal record!
I've been social for fourteen days in a row!
Starting with my trip to see Elvis on Thursday, March 10th, straight through to today, I've eaten with, gone to a movie with, or visited at least one person every day.
Every day.
So, let's review, shall we?
(My students love it when I use that phrase!)

March 10th, Thursday: Went to the Elvis karaoke and breakfast and actually spoke to several folks there... and a couple of ETAs, too!

March 11th, Friday: talked with the ladies in front of me at the competition, danced and sang with a couple of ETAs, made friends with a local restaranteur, and swooned over Ryan Pelton!

March 12th, Saturday: chatted more with the ladies from Alabama, got my photo with a Canadian ETA, danced in the squares, and dished with the ladies about the hunky Cody Ray Slaughter!

March 13th, Sunday: spoke - and posed with - Cody and the Brazilian hunk Sergio, chatted one last time with the Alabama ladies, and dined at Olive Garden with that first niece of mine!

March 14th, Monday: dinner with the Philo bunch at Chili's!

March 15th, Tuesday: visited Ronnie in jail, wrote to Tony, spoke with Smitty. All three brothers contacted!

March 16th, Wednesday:
worked with Smitty on his taxes and missing Mama (I blame "Kentucky Rain"),
visited with Nami while washing clothes,
ran into Damon and Krystal,
then finished the day by celebrating Christina's birthday!
She and I dined at Fiore, the first time there for both of us.
What did she get for her birthday?
You mean, besides being treated to a fine Italian meal?
(smile)
I gave her six pairs of earrings.
Yes, you heard correctly:
six pairs of earrings.
They had all been languishing in drawers, still in packages, never worn.
(I still have more, believe it or not.)
I gave her three pairs that were "grown-up" (for the 3 tens of her age) and three pairs that were "just fun"
(for the 3 ones of her age).
She loved them!
She also enjoyed my logic.


I gave her the little bear, too. The one in front of my limoncello? Pretty little guy, and stuffed full of wishing stars this time, instead of honey!

March 17th, Thursday: mowed my yard and hobnobbed on facebook. (Yeah, I know it doesn't sound especially social, but it was!)

March 18th, Friday: Chinese buffet for dinner and "Kung Fu Panda 3" for fun, both with Kevin the dancing Running Bear!

March 19th, Saturday: "Kapoor and Sons" with Barbara and Sandy, "London Has Fallen" with Laugh Out Loud! Both movies were in Pooler, but I had dinner with MENSA at The King & I in Savannah. Busy!!!

March 20th, Sunday: Cheeburger, Cheeburger, wherefore art thou, Bonnie? Right there in Bluffton with me! Then we saw an awesome movie about a woman reinventing herself, "Whiskey Tango Foxtrot". Nice!

March 21st, Monday: dinner again with the Philo crowd, at Kevin's request! Hugs from Odd Lotters Soucyman, Thomas, Dorsey, and Megan!

March 22nd, Tuesday: attempt to visit Ronnie at the jail. (Yes, I'm counting this, as I drove all the way out there only to find they were not allowing visitors this week.)

March 23rd, Wednesday: dinner with Christina at La Parilla... and we closed the place down! Hahaha haha!

Tomorrow, my work as a volunteer with the Savannah Music Festival begins. That should give me a pretty full plate for the next two weeks.
See you around!

1 comment:

faustina said...

Speaking of limoncello, I just came across this post from Sam Johnson, waxing rhapsodic about first having the beverage at our house.
We had returned from out ten-year anniversary cruise to Italy and elsewhere- back in October 2002 - with the tasty lemon liqueur that we'd been introduced to on the isle of Capri.
Good times!

https://realsamjohnson.blogspot.com/2006/12/ahhh-limoncello.html

He even mentioned our names!