Thursday, March 10, 2016

sweet dreams and Elvis!



Elvis is alive and singing in Brunswick, G A!
Not only did I hear him, I saw him, too!
I even hugged two of him!

- Two of him?

Oh, you caught that, did you?
(smile)

- Why, yes, yes, I did.

Well, it's absolutely true!
After Elvis-Joe sang "You Got me Doing What You Want" and that utterly fabulous "Love Me Tender", he came back to where he had been standing, by the breakfast bar. I told him what a great job he did and he gave me a big hug!

- Elvis-Joe?

... (continuing on, undaunted by the interruption)...Then Elvis-older-version gave me hug when I complimented him on "Suspicious Minds"! Honestly, his rendition of "You've Lost That Loving Feeling" was incredible, too!

- Elvis...older...version.
- Seriously.
- You are making this up as you go along, aren't you?

No! It's all true! They were performing, with the aid of a karaoke machine, during the late-night welcoming breakfast! That was all free, too!
I had a giant, fluffy biscuit with peanut butter (of course!) and little sausages. Excellent sandwich! I kept thinking about getting a waffle, too, but I was too busy enjoying the show!

- STOP! What are you talking about???

The Georgia Elvis Festival, silly rabbit! This is its fourth year and it's also the 60th anniversary of the tour that made Elvis Presley truly get noticed! Do you know he came to Savannah during the 1956 concert circuit? He did! He was only 21, too, and soon that same year he went on the Ed Sullivan show, cinching his place in music history!
It's been three years since I last came for the festival. I was here for its very first year in 2013! As soon as I got my refund in February, I bought my ticket to come again. Oh, yeah!

- Georgia Elvis Festival... yeah, that rings a bell. Your ETA friend Ray had invited you to come and see him perform and you took some very nice photos of him and Gabby.

That's right! They're both supposed to be here this time, too, but Ray isn't going to be on stage. I think becoming a grandpa has settled him down a bit. No need for him to be concerned about that, though! I saw not one, but two older Elvis Tribute Artists tonight! The other Elvis-older-guy even had gray hair!!! He had the most "Elvis" voice, too, surprisingly. When I closed my eyes, I would have sworn The King himself was up there singing "It's Midnight and I Miss You". Truly awesome!

- That sounds pretty cool!
- I wonder if he's in the competitions on Friday and Saturday?

I don't know! I didn't catch his name during his two numbers. Most of the ETA's tonight did two songs, but some did more. Richie Wolf did four!!!! "Fall In Love", "Fame and Fortune", Stuck On You", and "Tomorrow Never Comes". Really loved his energy! He was one of the youngest guys.
Sergio was the one from Brazil! His take on "You'll Never Walk ALone" was the first song I caught at the show - real attention-getter!
Tim Hendry of Canada was one of the last singers before the show ended. I remember him from that first time I came! "A Little Less Conversation and a Little More Action", for sure!!! He definitely made me "Stop, Look, and Listen"!

- I'm sure he did, dear.
- I'm totally sure he did!
- (smile)

You know, I've "Never Been To Spain" with Elvis-Brad. And I'm totally willing to let Elvis-Bob "Treat Me Mean and Cruel"! "Let It Be Me"! "Let's Have A Party", Elvis-Jason! "Help me Make It Through The Night", Elvis-Travis!

- (smile)
- I think it's time to stick a fork in you, little darling... you're done!
- (smile)
- Sweet dreams!


No comments: