Friday, September 4, 2026

happy 30th to my goth girl

Thanks to fb's "Memories", I know exactly what we did for Morgan's 14th birthday, back on September 4, 2010.
The Delongs had come to Savannah, rather than me to Hiram.
We started out at Armstrong State College, now called Armstrong Atlantic State University, alma mater of me and both of her parents.
 
After posing outside, I used my keys to show off where I taught. 
I had started a three-year stint as a full-time professor in 2010.
Nice to be able to let Morgan and Zach pretend to be teachers!
Then we all traipsed around the campus so Sam and Ernie could see how it had changed since they finished in the mid-1980's.
Nice to know the cafeteria we hung out in between classes was still here!
Afterward, we popped downtown to one of my favorite places.
That's right: the Jepson Museum!
This is the approach from the Oglethorpe Street side, which I rarely photo.
 
 
Here are Morgan and Zach having fun with one of the exhibits that are kid-friendly.
That means touch them, play with them, create your own art!
I do so love that!
 
But one of the reasons we were at the Jepson was for an exhibit I thought they'd like.
It was called "Twilight Visions" and, though I can't say for sure, it may have had something to do with sparkly vampires.
Again, I don't know for sure... but it sounds right.
 
Here comes my favorite photo from this visit!
As they descended the marble stairs, I snapped a series of photos, but this is the one that really shines!
Morgan noticed I had my camera out and she came dancing toward me!!!
Oh, yes, my BFF's darling dancing daughter!!! 
As I told Sam, "she brightens my heart!"
She did then, and she still does.
I made this into a magnet, and it still graces my refrigerator. 
(smile!)
All that visiting of the educational center and the art worked up an appetite.
Over to the Crab Shack we went, ordering the biggest thing on the menu: the sampler with the crab legs, shrimp, fish, oysters... all of it!
Zach was too busy munching out to be impressed by those crab legs, but Morgan was glad to pose with a surprised look!
 
Then we were off to another of my favorite sites: Grayson Stadium! 
My boys of summer, the Savannah Sand Gnats, were in town, and I'd somehow managed to snag us these premium box seats.
That meant the hotdogs and sodas were brought to us, rather than we having to stand in line downstairs - sweet!
If you look closely, you might even be able to spot Mister Willie in his seat.
(smile!)
The next morning, we were off to Tybee for some beach time.
For whatever reason, I thought it was cool to take snaps of our feet - lol!
By the way, I still have that purple bag, off to her right.
Sam made that for me, telling me I needed a butterfly bag for my school stuff.
She was absolutely right, of course!
(smile!)
 
And now it's sixteen years later, and sweet Morgan is 30.
Happy birthday, dear, from your Aunt Tina! 

No comments: