Tuesday, September 29, 2026

who's down with mfg? aarp!

This morning, the meeting was just for those on the Movies For Grownups committee, and I was there before the scheduled time!

Debra Johnson was the only other volunteer on that committee to show up.

Tsk, tsk.

I'm sure that gave Gabrielle Richardson and John Strong pause.

However, I made sure to let them know that I was ready for it, that I'd had the event posted on my facebook page since the registration link went live, and that I had talked it up with family, friends, and my Sisters In Faith!

Gabrielle is sending an overnight box of items for our MFG event: four t-shirts for the volunteers on my team, plus one for me; the AARP tablecloth for our registration table; two tablets for checking in attendees; volunteer cards for the table to encourage others to join; and a bag of giveaway items - keychains, lens cloths, buttons, magnet clips, and stress balls.

She did caution me to not put it all out for this first show, though.

Those giveaway items have to last for both the one on October 2nd as well as the one on October 29th!

I assured her I understood.

She is also sending two other shipments to my house: red paper armbands for attendees to wear after check-in, plus a rolling cart to haul all materials to the event.

That will be nice!

She asked that I check with AMC Classic Savannah 11 to make sure they had the AARP clip to run before "Practical Magic 2".

I assured her I would do so tomorrow night when I went out there.

Now, to try to contact the rest of my team: Lillian Sykes, Cassandra Cumming, and Felicia Shuman.

I still don't have emails or phone numbers for those last two.

At least we have a back-up volunteer lined up!

No comments: