"You won three games at Music Bingo tonight??? Wow!!!"
Not me, g'friend, but two of my friends there tonight. Marcia won the first game, "Summer Vibes #1", so her beer was gratis at Midtown Sports Grill. Pretty nice! Then Elissa won a free appetizer with the second game - that was "Girls Night Out #1" - so her giant pretzel was free! Some other table took the 3rd game, with its "Modern Country Mix #1", but that was just a free drink, as there weren't enough players to have a money pot.
"Wow. That's more winning than y'all's group has had for weeks. Usually it's just one of you that manages to get a win. Or, like last week, you have no winners."
As I said then, it's more about the music than the wins for me. Sandy is very competitive, so winning is very important to her. And she didn't have that tonight. Elissa was the big winner, taking the $50 gift card for the 4th game. We were all happy for her, but I think Sandy was a bit put out that she didn't get a prize.
"That's okay, there's always next week!"
Actually, there isn't. Yom Kippur is coming, so they won't be available for Music Bingo next Monday. I was a little bummed out, but Marcia said we can do dinner on Tuesday next week. That will work! I'm supposed to have a Two First Posts meeting that day, but it's been moved to Monday... so I would have missed Music Bingo, too!
"Hallelujah! That's going to work out great for all of y'all!"
Right? I just love when the Universe sets it up like that! Here's proof positive that I was in the right place, right time this evening, if I had any doubts. My odometer wanted to catch my eye before I turned off the lights in my driveway! The mileage read "247586" - that's a straight, and that's always a winning hand in poker! Plus, it's my second straight in less than a week - that's unheard of for me! So glad I was out with my friends on this Monday!
"I'm glad you were, too! And is that what you had for dinner? It looks like one of those sandwiches from Panera."
Good eye, g'friend! Yes, that's the Chicken Pesto Ciabatta Dipper, which is back for a while. I was there for a luncheon with Kathy Mayin last Friday. She and I are working on building a friendship, so when she suggested we get together sometime soon, I went right ahead and said, "Let's do it today!"
"Wow. And she went for that?"
Surprisingly, yes. She really does admire my getting out and about so often. As I told her, sometimes I have to "throw myself out of my house", and she may want to consider taking that action herself. I picked her up for this luncheon, as the restaurant is just around the corner from her. However, I told her that if she arranges for the CAT bus to get her to an event that I'm going to, I'll gladly take her home afterward. it's just that if I have to come and get her to go to an event, that's easily an hour that gets lost in driving. She understands, and tells me she wants to do that, but we'll see. I do hope it will! She definitely needs to make a commitment to herself to get out more.
"Yes, I know. She sold her car because the insurance had increased so much. She had looked into her options beforehand and was sure the CAT and Uber would be fine. The thing is, she just needs to plan better, as CAT requires several days' notice to come and pick her up. She insists that she doesn't want any of us to go out of our way to take her places, and I'm taking her at her word. I do hope she will join me for future events!
"I hope so, too. Events are certainly more fun with friends!"



No comments:
Post a Comment