My apologies for leading you astray, dear reader, with the earlier post.
Usually, the final day of Dragon*Con doesn't have much going on, as a lot of the vendors and special guests have already gone their way.
After all, that day would be a Monday.
Here I am at the train station with 13-year-old Morgan.
This time, I'm wearing the t-shirt I received for donating blood with the Blood Alliance on Saturday.
I could show photos of folks in costume, but I did that earlier, so you have the gist.
I'm launching into the shots with the man in the post title!
Yes, that's Alan Ruck, waving as he entered the room for the "Star Trek" panel!
(smile!)
That was shortly after he'd danced with me at the top of the stairs.
We five from Hiram were standing outside the room, waiting to enter, when my BFF says, "Isn't that 'Cameron' from 'Ferris Bueller's Day Off' coming up the stairs?"
I turned, and she was right!!!
I stepped toward him, right hand outstretched, and said, "Aren't you Alan Ruck?"
Taking my hand, he replied, "I am! What is your name?"
"Faustina", I told him.
"What a beautiful name," he responded, "are you here for the panel?"
"I am, " I managed to say.
Mind, he hasn't broken stride, so we continue to hold hands as I turn in a dance twirl during our conversation.
By the time he told me that it was a pleasure to meet me and turned loose of my hand, we were outside the green room entrance.
I stood in a daze for a few moments until Sam took my arm to lead me into the room to take our seats.
I remember bits and pieces from the panel discussion, but there's one thing I can recall with clarity.
In this photo, Alan is the fifth person from the let at the table.
The white-haired gent to his right - in the fourth seat - is Malcolm McDowell, in the chambray shirt.
Those two were obvious friends, as they cut up with each other while others talked of their roles in various "Star Trek" franchises.
I just loved watching them have such a good time!!!
I seriously considered making a rush for the front, to steal one more hand-shaking dance with him...
but I was good with that already-stolen moment.
Just ask Sandra Lynn and Morgan and they'll confirm how star-struck I was!
(smile!)
Believe it or not, we went to a class on towel origami!
Morgan had just completed her 'Spuds MacKenzie' dog, with sunglasses.
Amazing!!!
Such a grand day we all had!
(smile!)






No comments:
Post a Comment