"Okay, girlie, I've seen you throwing around that 'Tina Tuesday' label a right good bit when it wasn't warranted. You, by yourself, having a movie double header does not a 'Tina 'Tuesday' make. Remember, that came about because you were with a friend, having movie and a meal. So, that's how it should be used."
I hear you loud and clear, I do. And I can assure you that was the case today! My dear g'friend, Carolyn, was with me on this occasion!!! I'd invited her to come see "Daniel And The Fiery Furnace" with me at NCG... and she told she would! So that's what we saw at 5:20 PM. My movie was free, my large popcorn was free, and the regular drink cost me less than $5.
"What? How did that all cost you so little? Oh, wait, I remember. You had not yet received your birthday popcorn, had you?"
You're correct on that point! As for the ticket and drink, those were purchased with 'Dane money' that I'd put onto a credit card. Good dog!
"Good dog, he is! (smile!) He knows how you love movies!"
That's right! This movie was a bit slow in places, and it told a story about Daniel that I never heard. I was expecting the one from the Old Testament about him in the lion's den, right? That wasn't this one at all. Yes, there was a lion, but he killed it and Nebuchadnezzar thought he did it to save him, so he took Daniel and his three men into his group. The king worshipped Baal, so he renamed Daniel as Belteshazzar, meaning the one who tames lions. I heard it as "Balthasar" and wondered if that story from the Bible was the source of the character's name in two Shakespeare plays.
"Oh, nice question. Then again, it may just point to the name going back for thousands of years by the time the Bard decided to use it."
Again, I think it would make for a nice doctoral thesis for somebody.
"Perhaps it already has? We don't know, but I know it could be researched to find out. Was Carolyn familiar with that story in the Bible?"
She was not. I think that's a fault of the Christian church, as many of its sermons arise from the New Testament, i.e., the part of the Bible that follows the birth of Jesus. As i told her, I think I will ask Tony what he knows about all that. Not about the Shakespeare, but about the story of Daniel we watched tonight. He's had so many Bible studies from various groups that he's bound to know something about it.
"I bet he would love to talk about that with you."
I agree. Okay, back to tonight! After the movie, Carolyn suggested we go down to OD's Seafood for dinner, but she was broke, as it is the end of the month. I countered with an invite to Chili's, provided the gift cards were still in my car... and they were! I gave her the $20 I'd received from reward points on my Chase card. I used the $10 one from that same source, as well as $3.28 remaining on the third card. What a feast we had, too! I made sure she knew about the specials on the back of the menu, which she didn't know about. I also introduced her to the good lemonade they have there as the beverage included at no cost in the "3 for me" deal. She loved it! Not only did she drink all of hers, but also al of her to-go lemonade, too! That's why I gave her my to-go lemonade, to accompany her leftovers. We both have meals for tomorrow to relish!"Very nice!!!"
Yep! My "3 for me" was the lemonade, a very nice salad, and the Old-Timer cheeseburger with fries. Hers was the lemonade, a cup of potato soup, and the chicken quesadillas. The card I gave her covered the meal and tip! As for my dinner, I only needed to pay about $3 after I used up the other two Chili's gift cards. What a deal!!!
"Fantastic! And what a treat for both of you! So glad you had that largesse to share with your friend!"
Thanks, me, too. It's good to be able to do that! (smile!)


No comments:
Post a Comment