Monday, September 28, 2026

grateful to Andrew on a music bingo monday

"Andrew, the bartender, at Midtown Sports Grill?"

That's the one. Fortunately, he knows how to do math. Hannah, the new waitress, absolutely was flummoxed. We sat at the table for 20 minutes before we were able to get our tabs straightened out. 

"What?! How many of you were there??"

We were five for this Music Bingo session. Marcia was there with her daughter - Amanda - and with her granddaughter -Batsheva. Merritt had come along with them. Plus, I was there. Like I said, five of us. I'm glad we weren't there last week, as the sound system messed up and the games had to be canceled. All the tunes tonight were the ones that were to have played llast Monday. Really good, too! Summer Vibes #2, with Jimmy Buffett, The Monkees, The Lovin' Spoonful, Bon Jovi, Ed Sheeran... good stuff!

"That does sound like a great mix! Quite a few oldies mixed in there, too!"

You bet! "Build Me Up Buttercup" was a new one for the 11-year-old, but she liked it. Russ then segued into 80's Hard Rock Legends #1, which Marcia said was Elissa's music. Mine, too! Motley Crue, Aerosmith, Def Leppard, Van Halen, AC/DC, Foreigner - I was definitely jammin' out!

"What about the third game? Any of y'all go for that?"

Not this time, so that gave us a chance to chill out and talk. That was actually nice! Then came Game 4, Pop 'til Ya Drop #1! Pink, Ricky Martin, TLC, Britney Spears, Bruno Mars, The Bangles, En Vogue, Spice Girls - I know Scott would have been crushin' on that mix! Maybe I should see if he might want to join us some night. Baseball will soon be coming to a close, so he won't be chasing Braves franchised teams anymore. There will be Georgia Southern football games, but not on Mondays!

"Oh, that's a good idea to invite him! It's been ages since you've seen him. Your ex sees him more often than you do."

That's because the Atlanta Braves play the Detroit Tigers. Scott has yet to see the Braves win in the new Comerica Park stadium. I suspect Scott will cease trips to Michigan when that happens.

"Good point. Okay, so what was the snafu with the checks tonight?"

Amanda won Game 4. Ordinarily, that would be a cause to celebrate, as she would have received a $50 gift card as the prize. Right? But now that there is new ownership, there was a new prize tonight: a fifty-dollar store credit that had to be used all at one time.

"Say what??? You'd have to order three meals at one sitting to use that up! That can't be right..."

Oh, but it is. Amanda was not happy about it. As I told her, at least she had her mom and her daughter there, so they could group their tabs. No, she wanted to have it to use on herself, for multiple evenings out. I totally get that. But then Hannah misunderstood and put all the tabs on one check! Now, all of a sudden, the table owed over 36 dollars!!! No, that would not work. I looked at the check, which was entered in some strange fashion, but I could still see that my part of the bill was correct and Merritt's part was correct. So I asked Hannah to separate out ours from the three others. LOL! That blew her mind! She had to go get Andrew to have him talk to us.

"At least she knew she was lost."

Agreed. Andrew knows I can do math, so he came straight to me. I showed him where my tab was and where Merritt's was, and he understood. He returned with our tabs separate from theirs, which had the $50 credit applied, leaving just $2 to pay.

"My goodness! Just what did they have that totaled that much?"

Amanda had a cocktail, Marcia had a beer. Amanda had the spinach dip as well as he pretzel, plus the huge bowl of macaroni and cheese for Batsheva. Marcia had her usual "pick 3" appetizer platter. All of that is easily fifty bucks, especially when tax is added. Honestly, it really was a snafu, but it was also a misunderstanding.

"So, is the store credit how Quinque Martin's F&B LLC going to handle that Game 4 prize from here on?"

I sure hope not. If so, I guess I will be leaving after the third game. I don't want to get stuck with a prize I can't use. I guess we'll see how it goes next time. Maybe Andrew will tell his dad that he needs to stay with it being a $50 gift card, like it's always been.

"Change..." 

Yeah. But guess what happened on "Name That Tune" tonight? A drama teacher won the Golden Medley!!! Caleb said he's going to book a cruise that docks on all seven continents. Good for him!!! Jane literally had to pick herself up off the floor when he won that $100,000 - seriously!!! I'm so glad to end the night on that happy note!

No comments: