Thursday, September 3, 2026

why i don't need a dog, heidi

For the past couple of years, I've been blessed to dog-sit.

Not only does it provide me a bit of spending money for plays and musicals, but it also gives me some quality time with the beloved pets of those I love.

This Labor Day weekend, I will be spending my nights with Dane.

Tony and Laura are off in Missouri, with her mom, three of her four sons, and her three grandchildren from her eldest.

Tony hipped me to Dane's new preference of spending some time catching afternoon rays before heading to the back yard, so I made sure he got his tan time in.

All seemed to be well until we came inside for the evening.

That's when the pouting started.

"Come into the living room with me," I pleaded.

Nope, he was not having it, thank you very much.

That's okay, I knew exactly what to do!

I gave him some of my chips, and that got him hungry. 

Then I waited just a few minutes before making a big show of getting his bowl and making his dinner.

First, the rattle of the dry bits... then the ziploc bag of meat Tony cooked for him... stirring that in with enough water to make gravy... talking to him the whole time.

By the time that bowl hit the floor, he was right there.

He was plenty ready for some touch and playing with squeaky toys after that!

Oh, yeah, I know this dog!

(smile!)

1 comment:

faustina said...

Wondering about the post title?
Heidi had greeted me a week or so ago by asking if I wanted to take someone's dog off their hands.
The owner got tripped up on the big dog and had a cast on her left arm.
Nope, but thanks anyway, Heidi!
(smile!)
https://beachoffaustina.blogspot.com/2026/08/loss-adjustment-on-appalachian-trail.html