Wednesday, August 5, 2026

one trey giveth...

I had been in quite a fit by the time I arrived at AMC.

I'd expected to miss the first twenty or thirty minutes of the movie, due to its clash with my appointment time, but I wasn't worried.

I had the prior experience with the clinic for the procedure, and I'd already seen "Hadestown: The Musical" four times, so I was prepared.

I was incorrect.

My experience at the Georgia Skin & Cancer Clinic had been a fiasco, causing me to arrive at the cinema an hour and a half past the movie start time.

Still, I'd reserved my ticket ahead of time, and, due to the 30 minutes of previews, I still would have about 90 minutes of the movie to watch.

Nope, Hailey sent me to the wrong screening room.

When I walked in, there was less than 30 minutes left in the story.

How did I know it was the wrong screening room?

Because I wasn't the only one who came for the 11:15 AM show, but was sent to the room with the 10:15 AM show.

When I asked one of the other viewers, he said he didn't know why the movie "started early", but guessed it might be because the air conditioning was out "in the other room".

That made no sense to me, so I went to the counter to speak with Trey.

It turns out he had added the earlier screening just that morning, so that's why there was a mix-up, but her told me he would make it right for me.

That he did, in a big way!

I had my very own private screening of "Hadestown", starting at 1:43 PM.

I sat through the whole thing, too, even through the end credits, even though I had seen that last twenty-five or so minutes just a few hours ago.

The music from this one has been with me for days, playing itself on my mental jukebox - the songs from the Three Fates ("Wind Comes Up", "A Gathering Storm", "Nothing Changes", "Now That The Chips Are Down", "A Word To The Wise") - songs between Orpheus and Eurydice ("Come Home With Me", "Wedding Song", "Wait For Me", "Doubt Comes In", "Promises") - the song between Hades and Persephone ("How Long") - the songs featuring Hades ("Hey Little Songbird", "Why We Build The Wall") - and others that have stayed with me.

Thanks, Trey, for the gift of seeing this once more, from the beginning...

hoping that this time the love story will come out differently...

knowing that it won't...

but singing the romantic tale anyway.

(smile!

No comments: