This was another movie outing, but one that was much better than the last!
As it happens, I had been interested in this movie about Anthony Bourdain's early years, so I was glad to see it on the marquee at NCG Cinema.
Of course, I would have preferred to have it at the AMC, so it could go onto my A*List, but that's okay.
I still treated him for "Tony", the movie.
(smile!)
And we both very much enjoyed being privy to his youth!What an impetuous teenager he had been, quick with his hands to find a fight, easily led astray by strong-willed coworkers.
He even played hookie from college to chase down 'Nancy', a girl he had taken a fancy to in high school.
His saving grace had been 'Chef', the man who let the teen sleep on his porch, even giving him a job in his restaurant, and eventually teaching him the trade.
Afterward, when the bfe asked me where to dine, I knew at once: O.D.'s Seafood, just down the sidewalk!The rain earlier had actually cooled things off, so we elected to walk.
Yes, the hitch in my giddy-up slowed us down, but that was fine, as it gave us more time to talk.
I think he was very pleased with the prices, and even more with the food.
I had the mixed platter with shrimp and chicken fingers; he had the same, but with catfish instead of the chicken.
We both ate every bit of them, too, as we chatted about the opera festival, Wendy, various TV programs, music... whatever came to mind!
Then he paid and we had a leisurely stroll back to our cars.
Very nice!
I wonder what movie he'll like next?
(smile!)



No comments:
Post a Comment