Remember, Savannah has lots of humidity, so add 10 degrees to those highs.
I run that dining room air conditioner at night, which manages to get the living areas of the house down to about 77 F, which is fine by me.
That means those areas get to the mid-80's in the afternoons.
Again, that's fine by me, and keeps my electric bill below $100 each month.
But part of the reason it's fine by me is I drink a lot of iced fluids.Ivan Shreve, my fellow member of the League of Savannah Bloggers, posted the above meme on fb to take a poll about that.
"What's the perfect amount of ice?"
In true form as an analytical chemist, I didn't give him just one number.
"2 usually, sometimes 3, unless it's cold outside. Then it's 1."
He liked that response.
Why not 4 as one of my preferences?
That's too much ice, making it difficult to drink without getting liquids running down my chin or onto my clothing.
Speaking of "perfect", tonight at Music Bingo, Andrew, the new bartender, took my drink order at the table.
Marcia was already in the booth, and the others had not yet arrived.
Andrew asked what I wanted and I said "water", as that's my usual.
He asked, "With or without lemon?"
"Surprise me," I responded... and he did!
I was the only one at our table of 4 that had both lime and lemon!Sandy and Elissa ordered their drinks from our waiter, and just got lemon.
(smile!)
None of us won any of the games tonight, but we sure had fun!
"House Party Mix" and "Modern Country Mix #2" were both good music, but it was that first game, with the "Covers Mix", that had us all pleasantly surprised.
Fergie sang Heart's "Barracuda"?
The White Stripes covered "I Just Don't Know What To Do With Myself"?
Diana Ross singing "Ain't No Mountain High Enough" was a cover?
Like I said, it was a fun evening with my friends!
Now, it's time for "The Quiz With Balls" and guess who they have tonight?
Star Wars Nerds versus Models - that should be good for a few laughs!




No comments:
Post a Comment