Bet that's a bit confusing, isn't it?
Let me straighten it out, shall I?
My dear friend Carolyn turned 80 years old last Friday, but was quite busy being regaled by others - hooray!
Yesterday was finally my turn to fete her!
Her choice was Texas Roadhouse, so she could have that country fried chicken in white gravy again.
I'm so glad to have been able to bring a smile to her face with that birthday dinner!
I chose the grilled salmon - always so delicious!
Then off we went for an evening movie!
Wonder of wonders, neither of us had yet seen "Spider-Man: Brand New Day", which has finished a very successful opening weekend.
The Big-D screening was at 5 PM, which was perfect after our 3 PM slunch.
What an exciting film!
Seeing it in Big-D for the first time was definitely the right decision, as the webslinger was back and forth across that great expanse of silver screen again and again!
We both loved it, especially that "Big" moment between 'Peter' and 'Ned' at the film's end.
Very touching, literally and figuratively!!!
Still, as entertaining as the movie was, and as much of blockbuster as it is, we both agreed that we felt a bit lost watching it.
After all, it's been five years since the last movie in this series with Tom Holland, and 'Peter' had been an aggravating teenager then.
That would mean the now 30-year-old actor is portraying a 23-year-old character, albeit a 'Peter' who appears older as he has been bereft of his two best friends for those five years.
I can attest that loss will certainly age a person.
In his case, it had been his decision to ask Dr. Strange to wipe out memory of him from the minds of 'MJ' and "Ned', so there's that.
Bear in mind that he was a teenaged boy making bad decisions.
Now, he's been living with the repercussions of that decision and it's starting to work on his lust for life.
So far, I get all of that.
But how does that tie in with 'Black Widow' and 'The Hulk'?
I very much feel a need to rewatch some of the earlier movies!
That's all about me!
The physicist has returned from his summer vacation in oHIo and this is our first get-together since April.
Want to have three guesses where we were?
You got it: Texas Roadhouse!
The manager even said she recognized us, which threw him for a loop until I explained about being there yesterday with Carolyn - hahaha!
I again had the salmon, but with fries instead of the baked sweet potato.
There was one more difference - this time, I was the one treated to the free birthday dinner!
Many thanks, my bfe!!!
So wonderful to catch up with him after so long, too.
I had suggested several movies, but he wasn't interested in any of them, not even the two with Olivia Wilde.
That was a surprise, but I think he's just in such a more relaxed state after almost two months with Jeannette.
I am so glad that he's happy and in love again!
Now, how to wrangle an invite to his condo near Bell's Landing so I can check out his new digs in the 'Vannah?
I'll have to suggest a pizza and movie night in the next few weeks.
(smile!)



No comments:
Post a Comment