This morning, I'd had every intention of maxing out my A*list dance card, I did, but that's not how things went down.
I had known about one ZOOM meeting for several weeks, as the AARP-GA meeting is always on the last Thursday of the month.
And guess what?
My microphone on the laptop is working!!!
I don't know if it was because I was pushing the spacebar or what, but I'm glad that hitch is gone from my giddy-up.
Now, if I can only ditch that hitch in my right leg... but, back on track!
So, for this meeting of AARP volunteers, it was all about events coming up.
There's a training session on September 15, as well as an "Estate Planning Workshop" on October 21 that promises to be huge and hybrid, but in-between is the one that excites me!
That's the AARP 'Movies For Grownups' event, at the AMC, and I'll be the lead for that!!!
Yes, I even volunteered for it, too!
In fact, when I hadn't heard back from Gabrielle, I'd send the email to her twice!
I'll have six others to assist me, but, as I told her, I have the contacts at that cinema, so the event should be smoothest with me.
(smile!)
Now, if only the American Legion meetings for Two First Posts were as smooth and productive, that would be great.
Even though we just met on Tuesday, an "emergency" ZOOM meeting was called tonight, like none of us had better things to do.
Honestly, if I had not checked my email in time, I would have missed it.
The change was instigated by Eddie, who has actually missed the last few.
So what was it all about?
Money.
As per Sabrina Scales, the business account at NFCU must first be applied for online, then an appointment needs to be set for the actual opening of the account.
So, that meant she and Joe Cetti were not yet on the signature card.
So, that meant she and Joe Cetti were not yet on the signature card.
So, that meant all bill-paying was still squarely on Doug Andrew's shoulders.
Not good.
I was at the ZOOM at 7:30, as requested, as were Brenda and Eddie.
Sabrina joined us about 8 PM, as did Joe and Billy Cope by 8:20.
Note: the meeting was to have ended at 8:30 - yeah, as if.
As money was the topic, and paying delinquent bills was the emergency, I thought it vital that Doug be there, but it took me calling him to make that happen.
Then he had connection issues with his phone; by the time he had logged into the ZOOM at home, it was almost 9 PM and his microphone wasn't working.
So, my Alcatel to the rescue, once more.
Within 20 minutes, we had a game plan: Doug would meet Joe and Sabrina at Huntington Bank at 3 PM tomorrow, to settle up and give them check-signing responsibility for any future debts.
Seriously, this couldn't be handled with a couple of phone calls???
Apparently not.
That meant I missed the two movies I was going to see this evening to complete the foursome on my A*list dance card.
That wouldn't be so bad, but one of those will be gone tomorrow, so I will have to wait for it to come to TV.
At least the two movies I did get to see were both great!
"Coyote Vs. Acme" was a fabulous mingling of toons and humans, just as "Who Framed Roger Rabbit?" had been - hooray!!!
The Coyote stayed with his lines on signs, just as in the cartoons, and the Roadrunner stayed with his "meep meep"s, too - perfect!
That was a sneak preview screening on a Sunday morning, and the room was nearly full of people of all ages, laughing along with me - wow!!!
Will Forte was the lawyer for the Coyote, while John Cena was the hotshot defense for the corporation in the lawsuit.
Yes, lawsuit, and it was so much fun!!!
I can't wait to see it again next week!!!
I'd like to be able to catch "The End Of Oak Street" one more time, too, but that marvelous bit of science fiction is gone from AMC.
I had wondered what on Earth Anne Hathaway was doing in a horror flick, but I had misunderstood the genre, as have others.
The film is most def scfi, with her as a would-be writer, in a loveless marriage to Ewan McGregor, with two teenaged kids.
Then, at 11:07 PM one night, during a storm, their neighborhood gets whisked back in time to the Mesozoic era, when dinosaurs roamed this planet.
Such an adventure they had... with so many frights, so many deaths... and an ending that took me by surprise.
Nope, it was not a dream, just to set the record straight.
Comcast has rewarded me with a $1 Movie Night, and I'm going to spend it at "The Best Little Whorehouse In Texas".
That 1982 musical not only features her alive and well, but also Burt Reynolds, Jim Nabors, Charles Durning, and Dom DeLuise.
Except for Dom, they all made it to 80 or better before they died; Dom was 75 at his death in 2009, and the first of them to go.
Alrighty then, off to the Chicken Ranch I go!
I'll have to find another movie to see for Tim Curry, but not tonight.




1 comment:
At the AARP-GA ZOOM, we always begin with a social activity. This time, the question was: What small win have you had this year?
Of course, I talked about being a volunteer usher for the Savannah VOICE Festival!
Gabrielle and John really liked that!
(smile!)
Post a Comment