Thursday, July 28, 2016

meatballs, peanuts, and xenon?


What a mixed bag for this week's Summer Kid Flicks!
That's because one of the above was watched on television. I had slept in (for almost eleven hours!) and woke up as "Shaun The Sheep" would have been ending.
Guess I'll have to try to catch that one some other time.
Meanwhile, I did manage to catch "Cloudy With A Chance of Meatballs 2" on Tuesday at the Regal...and still arrived at Savannah Tech in time to deliver the Final Exam!
Woot woot!
The best part about that movie?
All of the jokes I was able to share with the psychologist Tuesday night! I had finally talked him into the cheap movie night at the Victory, meeting up for "Star Trek Beyond". I immediately started pelting him with riddles!
What do you get when you cross a hippo with a potato?
A hippotatomus!
What do you get when you pair a banana with an ostrich?
A bananostrich!
What do you get when you mix a shrimp with a chimpanzee?
A shrimpanzee!
Trust me, he needed some new jokes for his snowflakes!
(smile!)
Then, on Wednesday, I overslept.
Fortunately, I was at my first niece's house and she has all kinds of channels to watch on the telly. So, with my late-morning coffee and brunch, my mind dined on "Zenon: Girl of the 21st Century".
You say you never heard of it?
Neither had I, even though it's 17 years old.
But it was free and science fiction and listed as a Disney movie, so that's why I chose it.
I am so glad I did! I loved all her kooky hairstyles! I loved her creative and curious nature! and I totally loved that pop-rock group, Microbe, and its lead singer, Proto Zoa!
Get it? You have to wonder what the names of his band mates were! Amy Bah? Mike R'Organizm? Bach Teria?
Hahahaha hahaha!
Back to the regular series of flicks on Thursday! The Carmike brought me "The Peanuts Movie", but with popcorn instead.
(smile)
Nice little joke, right?
I know, I know - very little joke.
It probably should not be outside on its own.
(smile)
Anywho... I quite enjoyed seeing Snoopy and Woodstock again. And how wonderful to see Charlie Brown's love of the red-haired girl not go unrequited!
Good for you, you bald-headed kid!
afterward, I was off to the Cinegrand Spotlight for an indie movie's last day in Savannah. "Hunt For The Wilderpeople" was about a teen boy and a widower, trying to forge a path for themselves in the New Zealand landscape. Having born witness to my first niece's adventures in such matters with her older foster children, I found the movie to to refreshingly frank about a difficult subject.
And the cinematography was quite lovely!
So, there you have it: this week's foursome in my unique Summer Kid Film Festival!

2 comments:

faustina said...

Confused by the title?
Wondering where the noble gas came into play?
Well... it didn't.
Somehow, I had thought the Disney star's name was Xenon Kar.
Nope.
I guess my chemistry-addled brain simply willed it to be so... but was mistaken.
But I let the title stay to remind me of games our minds play on us, and with us.
(smile)

faustina said...

I finally did see "Shaun The Sheep", about a year ago, catching it On Demand on tv.
I loved it!
It so reminded me of that failed movie about the answering machine!

https://filmloversinscenicsavannah.blogspot.com/2011/11/life-and-death-on-answering-machine.html

No talking in this animated movie, just the usual animal noises to move the plot along - quite fun!