Saturday, July 23, 2016

karate and fireworks with bananas!


You certainly want to show up early at the Savannah Bananas games!
Today, during the hour preceding the first pitch, we were treated to demonstrations by the Pooler karate club!
Hai YAH!!!

Did I say plural demos?
You bet that was plural!
In addition
to the synchronized "dancing" and the work with the tools of their trade, there was also the chopping of a a five-layer stack of concrete bricks!
Twice!!
Pretty fun stuff, y'all!

You know, I probably would have stayed out there after the luncheon, had I known of all that was to come!
I could have watched the boys of summer during their batting practice.
I could have been out there for the two softball games, too.
That's okay, though.
I have certainly gotten my money's worth of entertainment today!
Best fifteen bucks ever spent for my birthday:58!

You see, I was right there for the two - or was it three? - demos by a group of cheerleaders.
Go, team, go!
And I was right there for the T-ball "home run hit", watching as the Bananas did their best comedic throws and missed catches as the tyke ran the bases.
Hilarious!
And I was right there for the "French Maids" as they skipped and dusted and high-fived their feather wands!
And I was right there for the salute to the troops and the 7th inning stretch and the singing along with "Sweet Caroline"!
And I was right there when Clint Hardy sailed one over the left wall and Garrett Nelson bopped one high over the right wall!
Yes, indeed, I was right there.

And I was sitting in my seat, right there behind the boys, for the grand fiReWorKs display!
How wonderful that they were allowed to pull up their chairs from the dugout to the field!
Thanks for a great game, y'all!

No comments: