Friday, July 8, 2016

everybody was king fu fighting - HYAH!



Three days in a row of movies featuring martial arts!
Of the three, two were set in San Francisco's Chinatown.
The third was set somewhere in Toontown.
For all three, I was right here in Savannah.
(smile)

Jim Reed got the "film festival" started on Wednesday, over at the Sentient Bean. It was a 70th birthday party for Bolo Yeung, a martial arts artist. He was fifty years old when he starred in "Tiger Claws II" in 1996. Very interesting and exciting soundtrack for this one!
The second feature was seen yesterday morning, courtesy of the Summer Kid Film Festival and Carmike Cinema. I even enjoyed popcorn and a soda while viewing "Kung Fu Panda 2". Made in 2011, it was certainly the youngest film in my trio this week. How appropriate to have shared it with other kids!
Tonight was the third installment on this personal birthday:58 film fest, featuring a man I have loved since I was a girl: Kurt Russell. Yeah, baby! For 1986's "Big Trouble in Little China", he was 35 and I was 28 and would gladly have allowed his boots to be left under my bed. You bet!
Sadly, he and Goldie Hawn had been together three years by that time.
Ah, well. I could still lust for him on the screen!
And I did. Back then in my college days as a student, today in my college days as a professor. Not much has changed!
(smile)

Now, guess what? All three of these movies shared a unique special effect with the other kung fu movies in my little series here! With my crazy mad skills as an analytical chemist, I may be the only person to have picked up on it!
Plus, I'm probably the only person to have seen these movies in succession.
So, there's that.
(smile)
And what was it that they shared?
Besides the cloudy areas their enemies fatally fell through?
Besides the fierce fighting-dancing choreography?
Besides some rather colorful costumes?
Here it is:
All had glowing energy created by rubbing hands together!
Pretty nifty coincidence of special effects!

i thank You, God!

No comments: