Friday, July 8, 2016

lunch ladies dine at joe's!


Honestly, I had forgotten.
I emerged from slumber to a phone call from Jackie.
The Lunch Ladies were dining at Joe's Homemade and they had saved two tables for us and when would I arrive???
"On my way", I replied, throwing on my spring dress, brushing my hair, and grabbing my keys.
Sure enough, the folks at Joe's had merged two tables in their tiny dining area to accommodate our group of eight. Instead, there were six of us there. Regulars Jackie, myself, Aggie, and Juliet were joined by newcomers Nara and Gail.
And what lovely food we had with our lively conversation!
I dined on green tomato gazpacho - superb! Should they ever offer it as a special again, I heartily recommend it! Cool and crisp and served with bits of veggies to add to your liking!

Juliet and Gail each had this lunch special.
It was Joe's chicken salad, nestled in a cantaloupe bowl.
How very lovely!
And the fruit served as a sweet treat to finish the meal!

I had not planned on a dessert, but then...
I saw they had this on the menu...
and I just had to have it!
Pineapple upside-down cake - how could I resist?
Why should I try?
(smile!)

No comments: