Saturday, July 2, 2016

4th of july in a texas town!


What a hoot and a half!

First, take one Bible-steeped, Red-state, small town in the state where things seem bigger than they are. Add a high school reunion with a big race to be Queen. Now, throw in an undersexed and abandoned gun shop owner named Didi, extra feisty. Toss all together with two flower-power, song-lyric-quoting, hippies and one reform-school artist that recycles flattened critters in his works.
One more thing... don't forget the kazoo-playing rubber chicken at the radio station!
Joshua, Judges, and Ruth! There are more characters in this little ol' place than Savannah ever dreamt of having!
Hahahaha hahaha!

And did I mention the 4th of July fireworks bursting all over the place?
This was actually taken after the play!
By fortuitous coincidence, someone in a nearby neighborhood was shooting expensive (and fleeting) artwork into the night sky as we all emerged from Jenkins Hall.
The Armstrong Masquers had selected "Red, White, And Tuna", which is set around Independence Day, for this holiday weekend!
The play and the fireworks were timed together quite nicely!
Both provided free-for-me entertainment for my birthday:58 celebration!
(smile)

Oh...
one more thing along those lines.
This afternoon, LOL! was having a meetup in Pooler to watch "Independence Day: Resurgence". The movie was going to get done too late for me to return to town, as I already had my (free) ticket for the evening play.
So, I wouldn't be able to join the group at the Royal.
No worries! I was able to see the science fiction flick at 2 PM today, right here in Savannah! Hooray!
As I told them afterward, I pretended they were right there with me.
(smile)
What a wonderful day, filled with fireworks and laughs!
i thank You, God!

No comments: