Wednesday, July 13, 2016

sharing double bananas with sandpipers!


It's Wednesday, y'all!
You know what that means, right?
A doubleheader at Grayson Stadium!
Hooray for Bananas!

I started the game with two hotdogs and a chicken sandwich, washing it down with the first Diet Coke, heavy on the ice, of the evening.
$13 to anyone else, free to me!
Happy birthday:58!
Then I bore witness as the Grim Reaper laid his hex on the Grizzlies as their starting lineup was announced. Fun!

Jack was even here tonight!
This was his first game of the season - what a slacker!
(He left after the first game, too.)
Willie held court from his seat, with Bruce providing comments from time to time.

I had only briefly stayed with the boys, spending the first game with those Engler women.
They left when it was done.
Me?
I went back to my seat to enjoy the between-game "Olympics", complete with Synchronized Swimming in the wading pools!

And then...
a bit of excitement from the professional side of baseball!
Josh Reddick, of the Oakland A's, was back in his home town -
that's here! -
and threw the first pitch for the second game.
How 'bout that, sports fans!

The Sandpipers were very pleased with the second game.
Ryan Flores, one of their boarders, was the starting pitcher...
and he rocked it!
So did Jameson Hannah,
seen here making his homerun trot back to the plate after soaring one over the right field wall.
That pleased me!!!


Baseball at night pleases me, too.
So very much.
What a blessing to continue to have summer games to enjoy!
i thank You, God.

No comments: