Saturday, July 23, 2016

meet the bananas!


I had decided to sleep in this morning... and slept until after 11 AM!
That meant I would be brunching, not lunching, at the meet and greet.
No worries!
The noon-start event was catered by Outback Steakhouse and they had plenty of good food, just as you would expect at a brunch.
(smile)
Steak strips! Grilled chicken strips! Boiled shrimp!
I had a little salad, too, and a heap of grilled vegetables: broccoli, carrots, and squash - oh, my!
Then, time for some meetin' and greetin'!

Here I am with, Thor,
son of Odin!
He got a kick out of that moniker,
as did a passing fan.
Who knows?
Maybe I've started something
with that one!

Sure, maybe he doesn't quite have the rippling forearms of the mythic namesake...
but look at that curly blond mass!
Look at his stance!
Oh, my!

Garrett Lovorn,
my man Thor,
was there with a bunch of the other pitchers.
I wish some of the ballplayers had been there, too.
Maybe there will be another meet for us members of the Savannah Bananas.

That would be very nice!
Maybe we can meet the entertainers, too?
Here I am with Mitch Torres, aka Ring Dude.
Not "windoo".
He got a kick out of that misnomer!
I blame the sound system...

But I was correct about him being one of the skipping diamond Maids!
This is from the game on Thursday against the Copperheads.
The Bananas lost the game, but Mitch won my heart!
(smile!)

I'll be looking forward to the baseball game tonight!
I'll be sure to arrive early, as it's yet another sold out event.
Hopefully, the Bananas will knock the air out of the Blowfish...
but, win or lose, we still get fiReWOrKs!!!!
Hooray!
Birthday:58 continues!

No comments: